9.25.2009

it's time to smell the flowers

I realized that I had not included a self portrait in a while. This one will have to do. I was the model to show off the HOME BAKED GOODS sign and the beautiful rainbow that arched full across the sky. I am donning the muddy jeans and 2009 staff color: TEXAS ORANGE. I wear my $7.00 Norwegian scarf with it and Helen says I, 'just bring so much style to the farm'. What can I say....it's Pumpkinland. One day this week I wore my tall brown boots in celebration of the first day of fall. Boy did my feet hurt! I am going to stick to foot comfort while carting around gourds, squash, and home baked goods. I don't want to leave this place for many reasons....but there is one reason why I do want to leave. This reason sits comfortably in the middle of my stomach and stretches down around my thighs. I am representing and CONSUMING those delicious home baked goods. Today I had pie...but merely in honor of the 'time that is coming when I will not be able to have pie'. hmm......that was lame. But really....Carmel Apple Pie is so good! I have been able to taste some very delicious things, but I need to leave in order to stabilize my sweet tooth. I am praying that YWAM Denver doesn't treat me as kindly as Pumpkinland. I might have to start a revolt----but that would be hard to convince myself to do. Perhaps I can just pray for self control and learn what it means to take care of this temple of the Holy Spirit.




These flowers are planted outside of the shed. Helen asked me to help her do something creative in displaying the flower, the name, the kind, the so on and so forth. She tells me that she can't even count the number of people who pull their cars over to take a closer look, to ask what the are called, their kind and so on and so forth. I guess she is sick of answering the questions you are all wondering. Do you wonder these things?.......just ask Helen as you drive by.

So, I am counting the days down to my departure. I am splitting at my seams here. As you have read....I enjoy being here so much. I also on the other hand am anticipating so much coming up. As a friend told me recently. BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED. She had actually given me a small window decoration with that phrase upon my return to Norway in 2007. It was a great encouragement to me. It actually was a catalyst for discovering my calling in life. I feel like ministry and discipleship always had something to do with all or some of these topics---growing, journeys, paths, mountains, valleys, watering, harvest......and so on. It seems really typical to say this as my life goal, but do believe that the Lord has shown me over and over that this is a lifestyle I GET to live in. My personal manifesto goes something like this: 'Planting and Growing Fellowship with God and with Each Other' Sounds like a church motto.....yeah yeah it could very well be that too. I just know that THIS IS WHAT I DO!!!! I can work at Nederlander's Grille as a waitress or picking pumpkins at Pumpkinland or even work in a situation that is more mission oriented and do the same thing! I love that about God. He is so GOD! He is in all and through all.

So....do you know your personal manifesto. Sounds big....but its not. What do you tend to do when you arrive in a new place. What do you search for.....and bring change about?

Do tell.

Indian Corn that we picked today....so magnificent!

1 comment:

cynthia said...

Once again, thank you for the post. You always make me smile and bring joy to my heart. So colorful you are! :)
love you
1Cor13