9.29.2009

dnab noititepmoc

band competition
STAR FEST 2009! Tracy and I were sitting in the September sun this weekend at the band show. I love to do things with her and I will truly miss this best friend of mine when I leave. Just when we were getting back to our place of buddy-ness. (sigh)
Matt and Morgan crossed *marching band competition* off of thier FIRSTS list. Matt actually feels like someone hid this field marching culture from him...how could he not know it even existed!! It was enjoyable to see my old high school march...and wonder how anyone can make hundreds of teenagers do such absurd things on a field in a funny outfit and not get paid. I AM A BAND GEEK!


I got my hair highlighted. It really is not a noticable difference....it just looks normal, which is the difference.
and it was straightened and cut.....the salon look can never be reproduced by Erika's hands.
this is a very cool painting by a Dordt College alumni named Sara Mulder. Matt (mentioned in above photo at the band show), had a combined art show with her. She uses a lot of strange materials to get tons of texture on her surfaces.

2 comments:

helina said...

I want to cross "seeing a marching band competition" off my first as well! You need to be my guide in this area, Erika!

Love your hair!

And you!

cynthia said...

Love the hair! Thinking about getting mine cut about that short and highlighting it as well! We will see what Monday holds!
Love you
1Cor13