11.28.2008

the weekend

since last weekend....it has flown here in Skien. I think the finger of God is in all of this...He continues to bring unity amongst His people. The events leading up to this weekend's excitement are all part of God's plan. What is this weekend?

We are recording a LIVE album here in Skien. We have invited youth from around the county of Telemark to come and be with us for an encouraging conference called Embrace. I believe it is a great way to combine our hearts and efforts with the churches in Skien as well as take a big step forward in our small world here. It is exciting to think of what God will use this LIVE worship cd for in the years to come. We see the need to encourage youth from around Norway. Many of them are the only Christians in their towns and the towns can be dark places....not just in the winter.
A man named Gary Sadler from Nashville, TN has come to produce this cd. He is doing a fantastic job. I really enjoy getting to know him and.....even Runar admits that without him this thing would be a disaster. He is very clever and creative. His personality is just winning. It is so easy to honor him. He loves the Lord. He was going to start a church with Micheal W Smith many years ago but decided to pull out because Micheal was so much more well known. If you listen to any Susan Ashton cds...than you hear Gary Sadler's songs. It is amazing that we have such a musical genius and Christian music world star with us. AMAZING!

So if you are thinking of thanksgiving and turkey this weekend....try to focus your food stuffed self on Norway for a moment. We are stepping out in a realm we have never stepped out in before and we believe that God is going to do some big things. It will be great!!

Let me know if you want a copy. I can buy one cheap for you in January!

P.S. One of my songs that I wrote in Switzerland is going to be on it. Not played Live...but a hidden track put on there later. I am honored!

2 comments:

cynthia said...

of course we want one! Praying!
Hugs
1Cor13

Gary Sadler said...

Hi Erika!! you are so funny! well, ahem, to set it straight, we DID do the church ( New River Fellowship) and I was there as a leader for about 3 years, and then felt to step down, and that's been about 7 years ago now. As for Susan Ashton, I've been writing with her, but none of her old albums have any of my songs on it, I didn't even know her back then, just the last couple of years---you can here a work tape of one of the songs we wrote together ( w/ my friend John Hartley) on her myspace ( I Cry Out), just a rough from my studio. ---She's great---wonderful person. world star? oh well, I think my family may think of me that way, ha ha----I AM starting on a new project, and have determined to be more productive musically than ever ( EVER!!) yep...Love you---I miss Norway, Skien, and everyone there--blessings
Gary