11.02.2008

polish kids and men in pajamas

as I promised, cookies were baked for random neighbors and Polish friends up the street. I made 50 so we (Ragnhild and I.....she was recruited for the job) made 'God November' cards and wrapped up those little chocolate covered raisin cookies . Who celebrates November for no apparent reason? We do! HAPPY NOVEMBER! Can you imagine getting a random person at your door saying that? We met a man living next door who we had never seen before. He came to the door in his bathrobe and short socks...come on! It was 2:30 in the afternoon. We were adorable....so he probably thought he was still dreaming!
but he was shocked (stunned is a better word) ...but he was the one wearing a bathrobe...so we were shocked too!
...tttt tusen ... tttakk!

but I must admit....on behalf of me and Ragnhild...this little encounter with people was just what we needed. It was fantastic to get in contact with those around us. I have discovered something more about myself and in the process, realizing a depth of my calling. These things that bring me the most joy do not always include music or leading worship. The things that bring me the most joy are connectedness with people. I am discovering my shepherd heart. I am so happy! I am so glad that I am not actually called to be just a leader of worship, but a leader of hearts! It is good....to discover peace in this. I spring to life on the inside when I have fellowship with people. To tell you the truth...the best year of my working life so far was not here in Norway, but it was working as a waitress in Orange City, Iowa. I was alive on the inside and out! I was encountering people all the time...and they were encountering the love of God through me. Now.....Lord, more love for Norway....serving, shepherding, creativity, and rest! You know how. So let's do it here in Skien. Maybe even for those Polish kids...and all the neighbors in bathrobes.

No comments: