11.05.2008

making all things new


i am in my new office. i upgraded to a larger, colder, and quieter place. I have moved a desk up to the window overlooking the city square. we are in a building that has a great location in the middle of Skien. the man who owns it is actually letting us borrow it for free. I suppose if the for sale sign on my 'looking out' window was obeyed we would have to move out within 2 weeks of notice. i suppose that is something that would cause a leader to not sleep at night, but Runar...our base leader...doesn't worry. God knows what we need. It really builds my faith to be on staff here at YWAM Skien. Most of the time I am just trying to follow the meetings which go between Norwegian and English but otherwise we are discussing many issues. I find it amusing that our base is just exploding. There is NO room for anyone else to sleep here! I am surprised the teachers still want to stay there with the crowded hall and very acoustic sound levels. A topic at every leader meeting is 'housing......so...where will we put this new boy?' Ugh! If sleeping on the street was legal we would suggest it. I mean come on, we already have a camper in the backyard of our 'middle of the city house'. Crazy!

so you wonder how I can have this quiet and large office? well...the second floor of the office building (different than the prison, which doubles as housing) is the prayer, counseling, and lost and found boutiquen floor. the traffic here is light....since the store on the first floor will throw a fit if we stepped on their ceiling with anything but Indian moccasin silence. The room also doubles as a hotel for any youth that come for conferences. So....then I just hide my things I guess. I am not an office person but since I have so many relationships that are not HERE AND NOW in Norway---I am forever on the phone! Let's celebrate NEW OFFICE DAY!!Prayer Room

View out my window

My new office

Boutiquen-Lost and Found Shop

The view from behind my desk

get this!! I was just emailing my mom and dad about buying a nicer (like fashionable) winter jacket for my time here in the north. I didn't think much of it when I went across the room to the new Lost and Found Boutiquen and looked in the 'Men's and Women's Jackets' closet and amongst three items--a bathrobe, an ugly dress and a jacket----there it was. A black and white patterned coat with a furry collar. I tried it on---a little short in the sleeves, but isn't everything! I looked like I might be 39 years old...but it works. Hey! I am in Norway for this short time and since it seems like EVERYTHING IS FASHION...then I will wear what I find and call it good. Let's celebrate NEW OLD LADY COAT DAY!!


P.S. I made it onto a very important list on this other guy's blog. check out my status!!

1 comment:

EriCa said...

every old lady coat needs a beauty to make it come alive...glad I can now keep up with Norway's latest fashions! I will have to tell my brother how gorgeous the coat models are over there:)