10.30.2008

wide-eyed nights

so I am going to bed at a decent time, but I am laying in my bed for hours upon hours with my eyes wide open. ever since I stepped off that bus from the train from the plane which was just one of 5 planes in two days, I have been exhausted. I just managed to conclude something about something today--three days later. I woke up at 1:30pm without the knowledge of where I was and a massive muscle ache in my shoulder on Tuesday. I showered and made my way to the office, leisurely of course. While there I was pleasantly reminded of how great the people at YWAM Skien are. They welcomed me with many hugs, 'glad you're back, we missed you!', and congratulations on the new boy! I could barely tell a story so I managed a smile. Missionaries are used to overwhelming times...they will wait for me to be ready to tell them more later. I opened my email to see 44 new! Guess how long that took me to read through? 5 hours!! I was so absent in every way.

as I slithered in bed i realized that there was this curious feeling in my skin. i somehow knew I would not sleep very well. i tossed and turned for hours. Finally after really sensing a presence of God and the small multitude of angels around me...I got up. I read, listened to some sermons, wrote in my journal, and prayed. I have been getting up between the hours of 2 and 6 every night. Doing just this. I believe I have found my purpose. I am an intercessor. I find joy in spending time in God's presence. Just being there.

it's like when I find my identity in this way I can just as well say no to other things that are in the way. it makes my choices very specific.

so I will be discovering this calling more. intercession in painting, worship, music, relationship, mentoring...and life!

any comments?

if I had a role model from the Bible that was not Jesus...it would be Mary of Bethany. She rocks!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

comment: glad you're finding another part of your calling. Intercession is important. However, sleep is also very important. So... make sure you get enough rest... dont want you to get sick now. But otherwise... Keep on praying :)
- your mother in oslo-

Mary Anna said...

I decided that Will is one of a kind to be willing to take photos with you in unique facial possess. Glad to see that he has a good sense of humour!!!! Always in my prayers (yes especially the ones of intersession for you)Love, MaryAnna