10.05.2008

catching the fire

home again from a long week.

it seems as though i can not stay home long enough to have some consistency in my life. i find it a bit discouraging, however the moments I am away from home and discover something fantastically amazing about God there...i know I am walking in his providence. the only thing that is discouraging is the time I have to create good habits, good routines to keep my heart radiant. i believe that God is bigger than my routines so I just pray that I can be transformed in my mind so I can realize this bigness no matter where I go, how often, and for how long. as I prepare to leave Norway for the states I am overwhelmed. we came home last night from Oslo. i did three loads of laundry and think my sleepy roommates are ready for some home time.

perhaps many of you are under-informed---but i have entered into a very special relationship. i am happy to say that the pleasant friendship of this man of God has changed my world. you might wonder how it is to be in Norway----and is he in Norway? it is great to be in Norway and no he is not here. that is not why it is great....of course the Lord has answered my prayers from all corners of my heart. think about it like this....

once upon a time I prayed that I would find a kindred spirit friend to walk with----God answers
once upon, another time, I prayed that I would fall in love with Norway so my work here would be not in vain---God answers.

I just try to fathom how complicated it must be for Him....but it is not. He answers prayers just the timing of them are not always what we expect. so I love Norway and I have a kindred spirit in the form of a man named Will who lives in Denver. hmmm. I just keep thinking that God is good.

my time at the conference in oslo was great. there are some skeptical people that are walking around in my circles so I find it hard to express what I experienced....but that fear is not from God. So here in this context I will express! The Holy Spirit is a person and I have not been taught so much on it in my church history. I have to look beyond the things the church has taught me and try to grapple a bigger perspective. many people at this conference were connecting so powerfully with the Holy Spirit....I also want that connection. I want to know God! Just knowing God is also knowing the Holy Spirit! i think just becoming radical, and bold to take steps of faith that put my reputation, my heart, my future, my present, and my pride in danger are things that look more and more like Jesus. God is my protection and he has given me the angels of the heavens to gaurd me.....but if I never step out and live from the inside out...I will never see the Kingdom. So what does this mean? I believe it means taking practical steps of release from the busy world. I will never see the work of God's heart if I stay in the busy mindset. I am thinking of taking my team of girls (helga and maria) and just cancelling all our planned activities and just soak in the presence of God, read the Bible, paint, have time to talk with people, be filled up with that everlasting peace, interceed......and all of them done by getting our hearts clean and connected to the source. I find there is nothing else I would do. I begin to see that there are not so many people with this deep desire...and since I recognize it I must act on it. I am waiting for my hip to be healed as well. I want to dance for God. My hip hurts. So when you think about radical.....pray for that healing. I believe I have my healing!

this is much to swallow....as it is raw coming to you. do you have any comments or questions. I am up for talking about these things.

gonna go have a sabbath (I wish that was in the form of a SA-BATH...with bubbles and a rubber duckie!)

He in me,
Erika

3 comments:

Will Strickland said...

I like the new pic ;)

Mary Anna said...

You continue to be in my prayers - just thought I let you that! I love your blogs -please keep it up. MaryAnna

cynthia said...

So what is wrong with the hip....a real need for healing or are you referring to wrestling with God? If, a need for healing remember Redding and I will be praying. God so desires us to walk in healing and wholeness and you are seeking for His heart so I will believe that as He moves you dear one, you will move HIm!

I am excited about all that He is doing in you. Never settle for the status quo....you have been called to the supernatural!

1Cor13