8.07.2008

GO.....GOing FEST

Place: Stavern, Norway
Event: YWAM Norway's GO Festival
Weather: sketchy, in Stavern there is the most sun all year....not this weekend
What's Up: God is working on me in ways that I have never seen coming
Who is here: All of the Norwegian YWAM bases' staff, that includes my good friends Anne Randi & Pølle.
What's Happened: Last night YWAM Skien won the soccer tournament trophy.
Something else: I am a bit bummed that I had to pay 840KR to come....when the food is hard to eat with my stomach and I would rather make my own. I could have saved 500KR!!! (that is $100)
The Best Part: I walked this morning down to the bay and sat on a rock. I was listening to Kim Walker on my mp3 player. I was dreaming about what a foundation of worship is. I listened to the water rushing up to the rocks. I felt a peace come around me. What is the foundation of worship? It is fellowship with God.....to bring reverence to Him we need to see that he is reverent. To worship we need to believe that he is worthy of worship. I can not do this with music alone. I must boast of God. I must bring His name into the light....all the time. It's not about music and an environment of performance that I am so often pressured to produce. I sense my spirit rebelling against the performance. I have to believe that God will show me what to do.....and that the funky comments are not forming me....but God is. So.....it was a good rock to sit on.
Another Best Part: I see beautiful Norwegians here. The people are just beautiful! And they don't have to try.
Cool Part: I thought I would not play violin at all....but good old Jan Honningdal saw me and made sure I was joining him last night. It was the longest worship set ever. We played in the spirit for 2 hours.....just listening to people sharing verses and prayers. All the while we were dinking around in the back. Anne Randi's little brother Stefan was on the electric guitar. It was cool to play with him.

I leave you with these words.

REJOICE, AND I SAY IT AGAIN REJOICE

4 comments:

nokomis said...

I'mm so happy for your brother and his wife. Their family seems to be pabily expanding and they look so happy.

Love you,
B

Kunnari said...

oh man, so many memories. God is good.

Laurel said...

thank you for the wonderful letter, and the wonderful gift of music. we have been listening to it a lot :) and i look forward to conversations on these subjects and more.

Share my world said...

'...I can not do this with music alone. I must boast of God. I must bring His name into the light....'

These words spoke to me! Thanks 4 sharing your thoughts..

Ben