8.16.2008

I am in love!

Erika....in love

Ok.....let me explain. I am in love in more than one way. I guess you can see that the letter I wrote to Norway has worked. God has shown me a love for Norway more than I can even make up...or imagine for myself. I am so grateful that I am free to say that I LOVE BEING HERE! It is the first time EVER that I love being in Norway. Really it was an answer to prayer. I hoped that I would adjust to being here quicker than 6 months. 'God, can it be two weeks?' and it was! God is good. I am in love with Norway for the first time......if peace is love than that is what I got!

The road went twisting as shown, but it also eventually went to heaven.

Check out that waterfall, and that amazing bike MONGOOSE!

I have been on a 21 mile bike ride today. We took a mountain pass to discover the hills are fun to go DOWN not up. Helina and I are a reckless pair on the bikes. It is fun and educational. As roommates we have decided to begin making small videos teaching each other how to do things. Today was the first. Helina's bike tire popped.....then we found a bike tire.....and used it to replace. Got it on video.
WHAT DOES THIS SAY??? Can anyone take a good guess without cheating?

My two lovely roommates Ragnhild and Helina and myself have now moved into our apartment and we love it there!
moving madness. our stuff. putting it through the open window. yippee!

We have a small deck outside the kitchen window in which we can climb onto and overlook the canal. We have spent some evening hours reading, chatting, and drinking coffee there. So much peace and discovering the foundations of life and how that always equals God. mmmmm TRUTH tastes good.


On deck: it is a wonderful place to read, rest, write, and reflect

We have been studying up on how to eat better and are together looking at ways we can change our habits and make good choices. We eat alot of raw foods...fruits and vegetables. Ragnhild is really into it and it is fun to explore the options of this way of living. Our first meal at the apartment was looking this this. It was warm pasta with a dressing over a delicious salad.



Nedre Ellvegate 6b Special #1:
Ragnhild's Hot Pasta Salad



Nedre Ellvegate 6b Special #2:
Carrot Bisque and Homemade Rolls

If anyone is interested in the recipes...we can share. You give us one, we will give you one.


WHAT IS NEXT?
August: SWEDEN STAFF TRIP
September: SWITZERLAND OUTREACH
October: USA TRIP: Omaha, IHOP, Kansas, Iowa (Tracy's Wedding), California



4 comments:

andrea said...

oh! I forgot you'll be back for Tracy's wedding! We were just talking about how weird it was that we didn't know when we'd see you again. :( weirdness gone! :)

Laurel said...

oooh, i hope you looooove switzerland. i sure did. and i plan on going back.

and i hope we'll be seeing you when you're back in october!!!

Laurel said...

and i have to say, you're simply glowing in these photos... you look really beautiful.

Unknown said...

hmmm....glowing is not the right word.....maybe raidient? or how about illuminated? i like illuminated.

erika, my dear, you look illuminated.

how's the new camera? mine is awesome! i love it. a butter fly was in our house yesterday and so i grabbed 'shirly' and took some great photos of it. look for them on the blog.

and yes, i named my camera shirly. why? because does my camera take good photos? yes, it shirly does.