8.14.2006

i am a new creation

this morning, I awoke late. I was to meet my best friend Tracy at the church where I have promised to be. But she was standing over my sleepmarked face with her beautiful black shirt on which makes her look tan, which she is. "So faithful to seek me...even turning like a lazy door hinge in my bed" Oh, my heart ached for I had not awoken with the alarm----NOW WHAT!! it's in the mornings that I want to worship God and now it is too late. I just woke to see my 'lazy' sin had slept with me. In my bed. And left drool on my arm after I cozied back into the sheets upon turning my alarm off. I was getting lazy. lately, something called sin has crept its way into my sight. Am I seeking God for God? Like Art for art's sake? God for God's sake? or why does my body sleep, get lazy, drown so willingly. I read something in 'My Utmost for His Highest' recently. The quote was "Our original wits will never worship God unless they are transfigured to Him" In my most purest form I will never worship God. The way I was born will never bring me to God. I need the redeeming grace and mercy of my Lord. Who is my friend. And the reason we can be friends is because of mercy. His mercy is over me. Like Tracy, with her smile so beautiful and face tan as the golden sun threw grace on her teeth shining in the dawn cast shadows of the half open blinds. She is faithful as a friend. Her grace is over me. To forgive a lazy friend. And I can only be faithful in return, otherwise I am not a friend. And because God is always faithful...he calls me friend--says my friend Joseph in Sweden (the author of all anonymous comments) and the book of John. I laid in my bed when Tracy left for work and thought about my sin. OUt out, get out. right there, I was clean. In the moment before asking, guilt was gone...that's how good our God is. I need to be clean, to worship with a heart of a servant.

i will ask that you now look at my blog as useful....not crap. as it was before somewhat crappy, pictures of me with guns and shooting and killing precious moments. now when you read you will recieve encouragemtns and the stories of faith as the Lord shows it to me---and that which he is faithful to show you.

He is faithful, I dare you to see it right now---but only with God's faithfulness can you succeed.

A new creation today,
Erika

1 comment:

Janelle said...

so incredibly true that God is faithful. Oh man, the numerous accounts in only my little life which will showcase the faithfulness and love of the almighty God. It's amazing. And it's good with a reminder. The laziness which can lead to ones sin- isnt that often the case. Well consider yourself a redeemed work of art in the hands of a creator who is always sculpting us into new things. Being sculpted does not mean created without the pain and challenges that come with being reformed- however it means exactly that. Be transformed and in turn reformed (not the political party). You're a work of art in progress. A beautiful one for that matter.
big hug