8.14.2006

my ordinary wits will never worship God

unless they are transfigured by the power of God himself and I am a new creation.

why does my heart long for simplicity, yet my flesh whines for complexity and mishap, destruction. that I give in to my flesh not my heart and I am left crying and kicking for 'something more'. To find that it was the simplicity that i chose against which would draw me to my Father's throne. Do not chose God away Erika!!. Beat my own habitual sin. Don't wait until the depression comes...or wait until the curse unfolds, or see the rebellion exposed before I go to God. Go now. He knows my heart longs for him...and waits patiently as I figure it out.

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Erika, you daily open my eyes to new truths and reminders of God's faithfulness! Thank you, God, for your graciousness and for your beautiful daughter Erika. Erika, keep serving the Lord in all you do and impacting so many lives through being just who you are and sharing the love of Christ with all those you meet!

Erika Hydeen Strickland said...

I wonder who you are...this anonymous sender. display your name and be blessed by your faith as well.

Erika