7.20.2006

poke my hontas please

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



This past weekend--July 14-16. I went to Minneapolis, MN with my good friend Tracy and my good sister Christa. We were visiting Jill....in the picture with Tracy. Our adventure was sweet. Friday night we stopped into the new dwelling of my good pals Sarah and Andrew De Young, pictured first. They will have been married for 2 weeks! Nice! Wonderful visit...I felt old though, because we were just visitors not roommates anymore! Like visitors should, we send a post visit thank-you note (or email)....I did that. I am old.

Saturday we were up early to walk around Calhoun Lake then stop by the Walker Sculpture Garden, as seen by the gigantic cherry on a spoon and the wooden box frame. We searched all over down town for a Chipoltle's Mexican restaurant and realized that usually businesses are closed on Saturdays...what's with that? So we paid 6 bucks for downtown parking...that we used less than 40min. Not worth it. The parking attendent smelled our mexican breath and we only paid 5. I like Minneapolis and it was urban and suburban and other kinds of -urban. We went to a Twins game. They wooped up on Cleveland Indians 6-2. My first baseball game...professional anything actually. I am niiave.

Sunday we went to an Urban Church called 'The Sanctuary'. There was praise and worship and there was hip-hop worship. 'Let me hear you say, oh (oh) oh (oh) oh oh oh (oh oh oh)' Kinda like that. And heard a great speaker named Jeremy Kingsley. An enlightening look at the two WOW's----1.good 2.bad

Great thanks to Cousin Jill who hosted our silly pants in her downtown apartment. Chocolate covered strawberries and make-them-yourselves taco bowls.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

cool pictures. looks like fun...

Kunnari said...

'The Sanctuary'- that church is great. my sister, who lives in north minneapolis goes there. I love it when they have the dance team and there's all these moms busting some moves.

Anonymous said...

I am not good?