6.26.2009

last day in Norway

so...it is strange to say that today was the last day in Norway. I am not sure when I will be coming back to this nation-so it is safe to say goodbye.

our little family vacation is finally over. it has been long, good, but long enough and drawn out enough for me to just say.....AHH LET ME GO HOME! We have had a wonderful and relaxing time in Hamar with Anne Randi and the gang. The sun was shining just like a summer day should. I think it was the first and second warm day I have experienced.

but now, alas....we could play 10,000 more games of speed scrabble if we wished...but no we will go home. I have said that the feelings are mixed---and that is because of the people that I am leaving behind here. I am not mixed about leaving the place and the job for a while. I know that God is expanding my heart in a broader way...so I look forward to how that develops in the next months.

for now....just some airplanes more and I will finally see Andrea, Steve, Lillian, Josiah, and Brielle! AND TRACY!!!!!!

here are some photos of Norway's northern land:

the family up above gjerstad and the bay where we kayaked.
(sortlandsundet fjord)

the ever-so-famous jumping pictures---got to love them!


three kayaks on a misty sunday morning


don't we look like pros? it was so much fun...and meditative
I love kayaking!!

I will be on my way to the states by the time you read this.
wierd.

ha det bra,
erika

1 comment:

andrea said...

yay! can't wait to see you all. and I LOVE those kayaking pictures. wow...I cna't even imagine...