6.20.2009

bergen...ålesund...and now the NORTH!



I tell you---this vacation with mom and dad and Christa just got a bit more crazy.


We have been enjoying the time in Bergen and in Ålesund since I last wrote a blog. It has been over a week since then. Yikes.




Bergen was great. We spent Sunday night until Thursday morning with Ragnhild and her family. They have a beautiful home and have such fun activities planned. We visited some outer islands, went to the city, ate lots of fish!!, and had a roommate date! I will miss those girls so much. I think it was the hardest goodbye.

It is wonderful to know that God has everything in His hands. We will meet again very soon! I love you Ragnhild and Helina!


Will left Tuesday for Ålesund to spend time with Erin and Caleb and to work on the Threshing Floor Music Project we started in May. They spent many many hours on the music and having a great time without me! Well well it is for the best.
Our family took the bus to Ålesund on Thursday. 10 hours! Yikes. It was worth it. The sights were great and we even rode 4 ferries over all the fjords. Gunhild was there to meet us at the bus station. She was our gracious host for the long one day and a half we were there. We probably did more in one day than anyone should. We took the train tour by Jan Honningdal around Ålesund first then I met up with these great kids...Erin, Caleb, and Irene! We had a grill out and then got to ride in a boat through the fjords in the late evening. The sun was setting and we were just cruising through the waves. It is pretty incredible I tell you.
Gunhild, Will, Christa, me, Erin, Irene, & Caleb outside of Lyspunktet in Ålesund
Now I am in the north. 3 flights later. Stokmarknes. It's an island. I might go kayaking in the fjord. you never know what we will eat either. nothing too scary.
tonight we will travel to see the midnight sun in a good spot at a nearby town. The sun makes a circle around the area...and never goes down. The 23rd of June is the longest day of the year and I think all of Norway throws a party. Huge bon fires and hot dogs will be grilled. We shall see what we do.
greetings from the Polar circle

No comments: