12.17.2008

YWAM Skien Christmas party

Roommate #1
Helina the Estonian Queen
She looks gentle here, but she really likes to wrestle. I'd say Ragnhild and I won last night!

Roommate #2
Ragnhild our Norwegian Delight
She made this dress she is wearing. She might even move the buttons on my coat someday!

The winners of YWAM Skien's first ever
D A N C I N G . W I T H . T H E . S T A F F
Tim (England) & Melissa (USA)

Me & Marcea
(DTS staff from USA--my one on one gal and a housemate to Sarah Oliver from England while they took a DTS in Kona, HI. I met Sarah in Denver. I met Marcea in Norway. cool!)


I am so encouraged by what God is doing here at the base. I have been saying quite some revealing things in the last weeks. I hope you can just walk with me on this journey. There is no fear when Jesus is near. At this Christmas party we had some time of worship and during this time people were open and sharing about their lives. People from the base started to be transparent and even repent publicly for hindrances in their lives. I also had a break through. I was keeping myself from dancing for so long and on this night I began again. It has been a hard and long journey with dancing. Ever since last year I slowly gave it up---was more and more convinced that I was too old to dance, too tall, too fat, too wannabe, too something...and the joy has been stripped of it. Maybe I am one of those....but I don't believe it is supposed to affect me like this. I reject those lies and now begin to step into what I should do here in this life. I have lost some joy somewhere and then on Friday at the party I began to dance in the worship and that joy swelled within me. My heart almost burst. God really showed up with his joy in my heart. It has been a long week---hard, but good. I think it has been the most honest and open I have ever been on a blog. I am so glad that it has stirred in you too. The comments I get are ones of concern and help. thank you. I see that the shallow blog entries do not stir like the honest ones do. I intend to stir....to awaken...to bring light to darkness.

now it is Wednesday and I have been discussing with people about my job here. I wonder sometimes if I am not in the right job. I have to seek it out more. Should I switch some things? Shall I pursue the area I actually feel called to? What does that mean for me? Hmm.....there must be answers to these questions. And I am not afraid of asking them anymore.

I hope you are not afraid of asking the Holy Spirit questions. Ask Him the hard ones....and when that peace comes OH it is worth every moment of doubt. I figure if I don't ask the question like---'Is my boyfriend Will really supposed to move to Norway in March?' and I just go about my business not even thinking to ask, consider and desire God's heart. I think it is not a matter of doubt......as though if I dare ask God will probably say no. Erika if you just keep your mouth shut and do what you want than everything will work out. NO....this is not the issue. I have been realizing that if I DO open my mouth and open my heart to God....asking him what he wants----I usually get this peace that confirms in my heart the things that have already come my way. So now....in all things I want to first listen, than discover, ask, ask again, listen, discover, and of course keep walking the whole time. I have peace about Will coming. He does too. I know that now. I just never want to be STUCK in a place that I can not consider...than reconsider. I want to obey God....and this is how I am learning that. The reward is good---so trust and obey!!!

it's the last day of work today and my sister comes on Saturday. We fly to Germany on Monday! Wow!!!!



2 comments:

helina said...

I would not say that 2 against 1 is a fair fight...
But it's twice as fun.

It's beautiful to see your heart for God and for Norway. I agree, things are changing here.
Stockflet's tomorrow?

Maria said...

I like your heart,thanks for sharing:)

I also like the title picture, where we intensively stare into eachothers eyes. Have a blessed christmas Erika, joy to the world (and Germany)
hugs from me