11.30.2008

surround

that is the title of the cd.

it is not made yet...but it is being made as we read this. Last night was the LIVE recording in the culture house and it went well...for the most part. There were two songs that we really crumbled on, but we had a second chance at one...and the other was the TITLE SONG!! no joke. the song entitled Surround was a bit of a messy deal during the concert. oh well. there are masters of technology out there.

my voice is hashed. i am so tired....like twitching tired, but I am encouraged. I believe that this cd will reach many people. that is....if they buy it. there was supposed to be a break through in the cd sales, but only 33 bought some-----disappointing. there were 230 people at the concert. we even gave them a great deal too. oh well....you can't buy them all.

i hope to post a video soon. i had one violin part and it went really well. later I realized that playing the violin is a major strength. i was handicapped a bit when I was just singing. i could not manage to express with melodies what I had in my heart. with the violin I can actually express what is in my heart. Gary told me that I was a very good violin player. that means alot coming from someone living in Nashville. He told me he has known hundreds of violinists and yet I have proved to him over and over that I have a beautiful and natural melodic tone. it is a tender mix between country and blue grass....but really more like something that is celtic and born out of worship. that is what it is....born out of worship. I have not studied any violinists and i actually do not know famous violinists. maybe I should. but then again....., but then again.......

yeah. do you know any?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your updates!! It's good to hear how you are doing and what you're up to! Can't wait to hear the CD!

Tracy and Eric

Paul Andreas said...

I really like our violin playing. Have I told you that?
I really like your style of playing too.
Yeeha!

Gary Sadler said...

Hi Erika---well, I've known lots (but not hundreds!) and I still think you've got a beautiful style, love it.

petradesign said...

Thank you very much for posting related window surrounds information. Because it’s very best information who wants to know more about this, I like your blog. We are also specialized in the design and installation of exterior and interior decorative solutions. For more visit:
Window surround