4.11.2008

school update #2

Back from Eagle Rock in Golden, CO

So, I am preparing to go and present our first songs to the other cell band in about a half an hour. We have spent the last week in a cabin on the mountain. We have been laughing, bonding, and practicing hashing out our first songs as a team. Our practice conditions were not the best as they were cold and snowy. But our time up there was good to get away from the bussle of the base. You know, hussle and bussle. Now as we have returned I have to begin my work duties in which I will have for the rest of the three months. I wake up at 5 to go to the YMCA and swim and then prepare breakfast for the base- every morning! Then on Monday's I am babysitting through the staff meeting. So...this weekend it looks like I will just take it easy and maybe make a newsletter. So....prepare yourself for a great update.

My next song is due in two weeks. I think it will be from Song of Songs. Eeeek!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hey Erika,

I'm in the mountains too -- right next to Nepal. These are the beginnings of the Himalayas, and pulling a body and a trailer with a bicycle up up up is, well, rewarding? Yes, one can look back as rewarding. We are in Darjeeling ("Dorje Ling" meaning "Place of the Thunderbolt" -- and we are experiencing that now). I was also working on a song with cold, sluggish hands on my guitar strings just yesterday. We'll see if it can sing. I know some of the difficulty of group song writing, and bonding and laughter are indispensable. May you discover the transparent humility it requires to let others tweak your creation. Maybe God has some valuable experience in this area... I'm sure you've already asked.