4.03.2008

school update #1

Let me tell you what has been going on here in Denver. The last days have been quite intense and seriously outstanding. I wonder how the next 12 weeks will develop. We are 14 people in the school and just today have been broken up into 2 bands. I am in a group with 3 boys and another girl. We have no drummer, the boys play guitar, and the girl sings. I think we are all open to working on songs and laboring, but I think I underestimate how heavy it will be to carry the weight of everyone's songs. We have to write songs, and type them, perform them, and use them in worship. We are graded on the quality of the song and the if it can be used easily in worship. I find that hard to do...to give the song away to someone who was not there for the original creation time. The risk is that they will not be able to actually fulfill the vision I had in the beginning. And I suppose that is the same for another person's song. I am quick to give advice and changes....to benefit at least I think. I guess I just need to be careful now that this is a team effort.
So, I have been working on that song entitled Arise tonight. The rest of the day looked like a 545 am walk around the little lake and then stretching, a shower, breakfast and meeting our new cell bands. We laugh alot especially when they all tried to learn the violin. My biggest struggle here is to receed into the background. I realize I am a leader. I see things that could be done and maybe something I would do better if it were my school. I am a staff and it is possible for me to run something just like this, but I have to remember that I am NOT running it. I am a student. I am supposed to have a bit of a distance from the program. I should do my homework, get rest, and mingle with the other students. I will let the program run as it will. It will take a bit of time to get my life with YWAM Skien off my mind.
In other news, I am struggling with my nose pin. It is just always infected and it is such a bummer. I can not get it to be normal. Everyone has said they do not understand what is going on. They have never seen it so red before...and bloody....and puffy. Hmmmm.....great. So I am just praying that it goes away! Otherwise I have to think of some other solution.
Tracy comes tomorrow!

3 comments:

helina said...

About the nose pin, try tea tree oil, it helped me :)

Laurel said...

this sounds like a great challenge for you... i really hope it comes together harmoniously.

Andrea VW K. said...

Great to hear about what's happening for you! Thinking about you during this time of change.
For your nose, use Bactine ointment every night. Also I once had a keloid (keyloyd) sp? which is basically scar tissue. Take asprin, crush it, mix it with water like a paste, and put around your peircing at night. It seemed to work for me. Ciao!