2.20.2008

not volume, but depth

Our time in Estonia has been great. As for the time when I was queasy, that is over. The team has been very welcoming for Helina and I. Both of us are not on Reboot full time. We have just joined for this trip. Since I have last posted we have traveled almost everyday across the land space of Estonia. Remember it is very small, you could ride your bike the circumference in 2 weeks time (or less if you are like Fueled By Rice and riding for a lifestyle across Eurasia). We have been in Rakvere (a place I had been in two years ago) the thing I remember from then was that there was a boy that was saved. I hoped to see him, but he did not show up. I did meet a lovely girl who had spent her time in South Africa during the time I was there too. We could speak Xhosa together. We traveled to Tartu and then to Valga in the south. We had another show Sunday night. Here I met a girl named Eva who was 25 like me. She worked in the church thrift store and was studying to be a seamstress. I asked her what she wanted to give over to Jesus....that he would show His power in her life. She said the guitar! I prayed with her and I know that Jesus had set her before me to talk to. Helina helped to translate (which is always good). Before I left she ran out and gave me a teddy bear holding a heart from the thrift store. THe heart said 'I love you'. I think God is up to something in her heart!
After that we stepped into Latvia with our feet and took photos. We traveled to Tartu again on the way to Talinn. That evening in Talinn we had no show, but a little clip of the show. Two dances and I played a song on the piano...(Psalm 139:7---where can I go) . We had a wonderful team night eating at McDonald's and laughing very loudly!! Yesterday we spent the day in Talinn on a tourist day off. I saw the old town and Helina and I skipped around across the brick lain streets.

It is really exciting to meet some older youth...ones moving in the Spirit. Something is coming alive in Estonia. I love to see it. Oh yea....I forgot to say that I have been very bold in my personality. Here in Europe it is really cold sometimes. I just pray for more boldness of my spirit to bring the light into dark places. I realized on this trip....the theme *It's not about volume, it's about depth*

Today we go to Poltsamaa for a full show. Tomorrow we are back near Talinn in Saue. We have a show there on Friday and then a show in Parnu on Saturday. We celebrate Estonian Independence Day on Sunday and then take that terrifying boat Sunday night!

Please keeps us in your prayers

2 comments:

Janelle said...

hey lovely! Just wanted to say i was thinking about you... good things of course. Hope and pray that good continues to use that boldness in you... be who you are...no shame... no holding back... a FREE Erika... how wonderful :)
love love love

Laurel said...

erika, i miss you dearly. i love reading about your wonderful adventures and about the things God is doing through you. so many prayers are with you!