12.16.2007

playing & dancing with the stars!

I suppose all I can say is...wow! What a great experience to be playing violin with Rudi Myntevik...a visiting teacher to the school in this week of 'worship' and a popular national worship leader in Norway. It was quite an American thing to do--they say. I just stepped up to Rudi during a break in the class and asked him, 'can I play violin with you tonight at the open meeting.' It was very bold and trusting for him to say...'yes' I mean....I could have thought I was good and was actually not at all. Otherwise he just took a huge risk. So I got to join...and he did mention that it was surprisingly good....he didnt know what to expect. I dont blame him. I just have to say I was blown away by the sensitivity of the music and the passion behind it. I dont see that very often here in Northern Europe where people are really into what they do. Rudi is so real...so down to earth. He is spreading the message of hope and I like it!
The open meeting with Rudi on Dec. 10. There were over 40 youth that just showed up! Wow.
Bård (the owner of a music store on Prinsessegata), Rudi Myntevik, and me

Every Tuesday night Lyndee and I have hosted this evening called 'The Room' we slide the piano from the 4th floor down and open the prayer room for sitting, soaking, and singing in God's presence. It has been an experiment thus far and we want it to be so much more, however we are just waiting on what. This last Tuesday was really special. Christina from Germany (last year's Reboot singer) was visiting and she plays the violin....so she joined. I was able to play my new songs on the piano with a violin!! And this was Brad's last week. He will join the SOE in England (to which I will visit in January) so he was just jamming out on the drum. He is dynamic on that hand drum! I will really miss that energy here at the base.
This is our new drum for the base. Helina helped buy it and take it from Estonia. What a gal! The drum sat first class on the plane! Now guess what??? My friend Matt Kunnari is visiting me from the states and he is bringing a Yamaha piano and a huge box for us. I can admit that it is 2/3 cheaper to get it from the states! He will bring it before New Year's!! Just pray that my credit card works and everything is easy at the airport. Amen and answer to prayer!!!
And this is where my life really comes alive! I have begun to teach ballroom dance lessons to the people at the base. It went really well this last Wednesday. I will take some more lessons the Wednesday we come back in January. The people really liked the Fox Trot and the Swing steps I taught. It is a great opportunity to train up the men to be MEN...not passive Scandinavians! They love the special attention too. 'If the woman looks good...it is because you are good...men!' That gets them smiling of course! More pictures to come...just keep in touch!

No comments: