12.05.2007

I have begun to see what good I am here at the base. I do not intend to tell a lie when I say it has been a struggle to see what God was using me here in Skien for. I mean on the outside I am leading worship and I am just filling in the gaps....but what about on the inside. I want to be on the inside of what God is doing. Often I am a foreigner to even that. To think that I could have the inside scoop on what He is doing in the lives of the DTS students, the staff, and myself....but that I might even get a heart for the city. I might even care about bringing the kingdom here in Skien. That idea has to settle in my heart. God...you want your Kingdom to come here in my heart, here in Skien, and here in Norway, and in every other nation, tribe, group, family, heart in the world! I just have to want that too...and God will do the amazing things He has planned.

I have begun giving free Private Creative Lessons. God gave me the idea this weekend when I wondered how I can begin to mentor people and to teach them what I know. There has not been any collective gathering in which I can teach specifics so I must come up with it on my own. I offer a half an hour free to the YWAMers here in Skien. Here are the options:

singing
dancing (ballroom & interpretive)
painting
acting & drama (communication development)
drawing (2-D & 3-D fundamentals)
instruments (piano, guitar, violin, bass, harmonica)
poetry & song writing
Many people are into it. You can always learn a little more about something. They want to learn a little more about everything. It's a half and hour and it is a safe environment for encouragement and growth. Today I gave a piano lesson to Laila...she wants to learn how to play chords on the piano so she can join in on worship and play ever so smoothly. I gave a painting lessong to Ingebjørg...she wants to just learn how so that when she is with others that do it, she can join and not feel silly. I also gave a back to back lesson to Natasha...she wanted to learn to sing and to paint. I spent an hour with her at the piano and at the paints. So far I have 4 hours in a week spent on these lessons. I think there will be more in the next year. I think it is really important to give the small dreams you have a chance to grow. There is collective interest to have ballroom dancing lessons for weddings and such. So as a base we will do it. I will teach ballroom dance next Wednesday and then when we come home from Christmas. I will host a ballroom dance in the winter. We will call it the Winter Ball. We can dress up and eat cake and be refined dancing the fox trot and letting Norwegian boys practice there ever so mostly invisible gentlemen skills. Always something to learn! I hope it will be a fun opportunity for our YWAM family to be with each other, to laugh, and to create a unique history in fellowship. This is something we all need.....and I am longing for it!
i have been coming close to Jesus. He has shown me His patience and enduring love. I often an not wait to spend time with Him alone. Sounds sketchy, but it is ever so true!
If you were going to have a Private Creative Lesson on anything what would it be?

3 comments:

Janelle said...

i want to learn to ski...

Hannah said...

I want to learn to ski too, but I'm not sure I'm ready for Creative Skiing.

I could use brainstorming creativity and macro-vision creativity too.

Simone said...

hi there.
i was looking for "ywam" and "ballroom-dance" in the web and found your blog. i just wanna say: i am impressed and i also wanna encourage you. god gave you this creativ gifts and talents and he loves when you use them. you are working for his kingdom!
love, simone