10.19.2007

Ashamed

Why should we be?

It says in Psalm 34:4-5

'I sought the Lord, and he answered me, he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him will be radiant, their faces are never covered with shame.'

I have often been ashamed. I am trying to figure out why or when it all started. I think it's crap. It's a lie actually. And the fear of shame has no rule in my life...only the victory of Jesus who took shame upon himself has rule here.

Often I find myself doing things that I think I need to do....and not the things my heart is telling me to do. Often the heart things are the things I want to do...like spend time with God, dance, write music, paint, ride bike, have relationships....but I choose something different and less satisfying because of some shame I carry. That I am ashamed to see my heart be extremely encouraged by doing what I know I should. Doesn't that sound strange.

This weekend I am going to Kristiansand to play violin at a women's conference. I have a feeling there will be many women there.....and encouragers too! Talk to you never....shame!

1 comment:

Stones said...

Hi! Your word just hit me... I have never thinked about that on this way. Thank you for sharing. :)