7.19.2007

Living, Dying, Going to Jail

Living
As it goes...the 18th of the month is a good one. This 18 of July did not disappoint me in the least. I was thrilled to be spending my time at the Cherokee Recording Studio finishing up my last wishes on a new cd. Well new....as in first real one done fully in a studio built for that stuff. I have been going to this studio for some weeks now....starting three weeks ago. I have written 8 songs this year and I got to record 5 of them in the studio. Many of my songs were life journey songs...ones that came about because of life experience and what was happening in my heart at the time. They are all written after meditations on scripture:
-Psalm 25-Psalm 42-Psalm 139-Isaiah 61-Isaiah 58-Romans 12:2-Psalm 19-Psalm 45



Cory Grimm on the guitar



Noah Adams on djembe, conga, tamborine, and maracas


Dr. David Klee (the recording studio engineer) on flute and bass


Dad on piano and voice

Carla Hydeen on voice

Soon the cd will be available to have. It will be quite a cheap cd....8 dollars or so. The money will go to missions in Norway. I can give it to the programs that I will be working with while I am there. Much of those programs will be music, art, dance, and drama in Norway.
Dying

Last night I gathered my gals together and they dyed my hair blonde. Well, I originally wanted it to be a light auburn blonde without going strawberry fakeness.....so we went blonde and it turned out rather copper and a beautiful auburn blonde. I suppose I was destined to be such a color.


Going to Jail

In 6 days I am going to jail.

This is the YWAM school in Skien, Norway where I will be teaching creative worship.

It's an old jail. Built in the 1890's.
6 days!!


1 comment:

Janelle said...

hey baby... oioioi 6 days. That's exciting!!! Congrats on the cd. I'd love one :) But that means i'll pay you in norwegian kr-... well truth be known i do have american money but it wont help you any over here.
you choose :)
looking forward to you being here.
By the way if you come into bergen by bus or train you'll end up at the same place... and from there i can come and meet you and take you to where we're staying!! And if you come in by plane (which you probably wont) but if you do... we'll work it out :)
oioioi... i look forward to seeing you.
love