9.04.2006

What does Erika say?

i was at the zoo today and I spent those moments with my about to burst sister in law Andrea, my big brother Steven and thier daughter Lillian. She is what she calls....'silly lilly' and for the course of the day has recited the recant of all almost 2 year old voicings. this morning when we started the day it was asking the little smarty pants 'what does Erika say?' with a bit of shyness she ends up whispering 'Lamlela'. What is this she says? Oh! YAMKELA! When asked what I say, Lillian answers 'Yamkela'. This is something I began to say when I came home from South Africa. I have a friend named Yamkela...and this word in Xhosa means recieve. At some point I was speaking a lot of Xhosa and have given my family all new names.
.
Andrea=Asendiswa---saved
Steven=Xola--peace
Christa=Bosisiwe--Blessed
Mom=Bolelwa--Give thanks
Dad=Bongani--Blessed
Lillian=Nosipho--Gift
Josiah=Vuyo--joy
.
The Lord calls us by name, and he even gives us new names---ones that will bring glory to him.
.
My new Xhosa tribal name is Yonela, and I believe it is given by the Lord---something to strive for, to base my life on with God.
.
Erika=Yonela-----Satisfied.
.
.
What name does the Lord have for you? Just ask him....your name will be given.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

My name... janelle= gifted by God & God is gracious. Hmmmm- it's true God calls us by those names. My question for you is, when do you return to South Africa? hmm, just a thought. Big hug!!!!

Marianne said...

HI Erika!
Hope you are doing well, miss your smile! And thinking about you!

karen amalie said...

erika!! how are you? miss you friend. -bossisiwe-