8.10.2006

down in south missourah

Saturday, Aug 5, 2006

Phillipino Tony & Redneck Jay

We started the day off with a bit of Vietnamese food--apparently people from Vietnam come for this summer celebration in Carthage. The lady next to me helped me eat my rice pancake, as if I was unable. There were about 10,000 extra people in Carthage this weekend--I felt like I was on outreach.

Jay--the old man and Erika his wheelchair wench!
Jay hurt his foot pretty bad in a soccer accident so we were pulling all the strings of handicappedness. Nice wheels Jay!
.
.
.
.
Precious Moments Museum vs. Precious Movements Night Club
.
One is a kitch trap for newly wed wives with suckers for husbands and crazed women with magazines showing the next available statue----and its release date into the gift shop supply. Jay's grandma has a job at this shop of porcelien temptation.
.
The other is a short lived strip club in Carthage, MO
.
.
.
.
Welcome to Wedding Island
oh the desperate couple to pack this chapel filled with naked precious moment angels on the walls and heart bricks in the entry way.
I think deep down Jay wants to get married here one day...then I know I am not his bride.

Its almost like heaven. I thought if I looked long enough at the big dough headed kids I would be healed of all my bad thoughts of kitch art and nightmares of growing an oversized head as an angel.

Maybe if I touched Timmy the lifesize Precious Moment would I stop this involuntary twitch. No, the magic clown didnt heal me. I just left the museum with a bad taste in my mouth. Like dry spit after a long jog.

All I can say is....where are the guns!

4 comments:

Ingebjørg said...

Aloha you!
Good to see you`re living the summer to it`s fullest! Friends and travells are such a good combination... So how are you doing? Any plans for next year? Am I right when I don`t think you`re coming back to Norway (and Framnes) this year? Well, whatever you do, I know God`s got the best of plans in store for you, becaue God + Erika = Future and hope (Jer 29:11):) So... I`m going to bed now, be blessed, sister!:D

r.c.f. said...

ugh! i had to go to that museum on family vacation when i was little because my mom is obsessed....my brothers and i made of it the whole day.

Janelle said...

hey I've been there, when I was 7... and I even hugged Timmy the life size precious moment!!! Good times, good memories.

Anonymous said...

what are you thinking near wedding chappel.surely you are thinking ,i know ,so you need to tell.