5.31.2010

summer is here!

Summer is here and we are hitting the ground running. The winter quarter has come home from DTS and graduated. We had a great friend in the school. She was a girl we met at Bethel Church in Redding California two years ago before Will and I were even together. We will miss her as she is up in Homer, AK again. We love you Karen Joy!

Will and I have a child!!! I guess we kind of have to explain ourselves. There is a girl we work with at the base named Jae Van Winkle. She is a great girl and we have so much fun with her. Even though she is 40 she takes us as her parents. She is also on our T-mobile family plan. It seems impossible to have her at my age and Will and I just being married for 2 months. Anyway, it is a funny joke that we try to live out. She got me a mother's day gift and we helped her move some stuff to her apartment. That's Will, jammed up into the steering wheel with Jae's stuff in the back of the car. What a great dad!!!

We are really proud of our daughter....we hardly raised her and now she is full time in YWAM and we actually work in the same office. What a delight. We will get some family photos up soon. Jae thinks that she is much more like her 'dad' Will because they both procrastinate. And we have been trying to figure out how she is like me. Perhaps the fact that we both like to try to be funny while giving public announcements.....can be our mother-daughter connection. It's a rude awakening to have a child----at least one I never knew until 2 months ago. It makes me wonder how strange it would be to adopt someone who was older than you. I suppose that does not happen. That would be very odd. We enjoy it though.

I climbed up to the top of one of the flat top mountains near Golden with Julie on Thursday. It was a great hike. Super easy, which is good. The altitude is enough to make you feel 100 pounds overweight by itself. On the way down from the top I was scaling some rocks, balancing myself and so I went to lean back on a rock and under my hand was a SNAKE! I hate snakes so much. I screamed. Julie tried to hurry, she is laughing, and I am in panic mode. I didn't care if it was poisonous at all. It was a slithering snake and that is all we needed to get us moving quickly down the path. I found out later that it was a non-venemous candy cane corn snake. People have them as pets. I don't know who would be so gross to do that. Imagine if I had not looked back to see where I was placing my hand. I would have actually touched it. YUCK!!!!!!

I'm hearing some strange summer birds in the tree. I've gotta go and check it out.

5 comments:

Maria said...

wow I dont have chineese letters on my computer, but I do love your blogging and the way you express your thoughts in writing:)
Miss you both! klem!

PS:I think having a child older than me would be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

好熱鬧喔 大家踴躍的留言 讓部落格更有活力..................................................................

traveldestination said...

Nice trip on the summer and this is very good combination of people including your family members.
Vacations give people chance to sharing love, experience and dreams.

Sac Hermes Kelly said...

Throughout huge distinction, AKG's Quincy Williams unique Miu Miu Handbags number of headphones are generally favoured additional by simply more mature audiophiles. Plus though they as well are available in a very number of colors, such as a rather garish bright environment friendly, the concentration is actually about high-end overall performance as opposed to appearance.

Therefore, thus, any Bests by means of Dr Dre Business and AKG Q701 Quincy Johnson headset might appear weird bedfellows in the battle within the models Chanel Handbags. Before you understand they will share the identical principles, that could be; some sort of deep-routed school of thought that will runs on their primary. These are zero mere licensed products and solutions, these kinds of have the actual heart and soul of the particular sponsors working as a result of their particular extremely cores. Smith plus Dre made it easier for style and design these headset, as well as child can you tell.

hexa said...

Hexachipx.com is a leading website development and web design company in Trivandrum.
Unlike other web design Trivandrum firms we deliver personal
professional web design cost attention to our clients taking time and understanding their requirements.