7.15.2009

cold sore devotional

God is good! I wanted to start this blog with that statement because sometimes what I write here in this space is not entirely clear and complete for how I am doing. I am great. I have struggled to get used to the life here in the USA---I needed some boosting that is for sure. but now...i am great and I can see clearer. when you ask, you will receive.

i am here in Orange City now after a weekend vacation in Wisconsin and the weekend before spent with my brother and his family near Omaha on the campground site 21 and 22. I will begin my biking adventure tomorrow. I will bike 3 miles...pick weeds at a pumpkin farm for 4 hours...then bike 3 miles home all before lunch. My sister Christa is getting ready to leave for Honduras to teach 2nd grade. Who would have known that the house I grew up in would be a mission send out base too. ha. so yeah, things are good on this end. they are a lot better since I have been spending time with Jesus.......duh!

Have you ever wondered what was missing in your life----why you are easily bothered, why things are overwhelming, why you have sadness, why you never seem to be able to communicate what you mean, and why you feel restlessly stuck inside of a body that doesn't portray who you really are inside? I have been there. I have recently discovered (or really just understood and I made a choice to be transformed) that everything starts to plummet when I live on my own strength. I lose respect, I have fear, I am trapped inside my emotions, and I have no hope.
If I don't live from the Source of life--met in the quietness and relationship with Jesus EVERYDAY I will eventually slowly fall apart. I need Him so much and I am thankful and willing to serve Him and be transformed into His likeness. get quiet...in your heart today.

:)

At this point i have decided to educate you on the life cycle of a cold sore.
(the photos included are not to gross you out---but to help. this is MY face you are seeing...not some creepy health book model. this is just a warning)

#1 LATENT
The cold sore is hiding in the nerve in the back of the jaw. the virus may "sleep" for weeks or years without incident. Your body's defense "soldiers" keep them in check. When there is stress your defenses may drop. Then the cold sore virus can escape and reproduce - beginning the active cold sore stages.
#2 PRODROME
The cold sore virus travels down your nerve fibers to the surface. This movement causes your cold sore target area to itch or tingle.
#3 INFLAMMATION
Your cold sore virus has now arrived at the surface and begins it's reproductive cycle by entering the cells at the end of the nerve. This causes a lot of swelling and redness.


It began when we were camping over 4th of July in Omaha...I felt the tingle and wondered if I would be getting 12 small zits in one place....that was a clue I guess.

#4 PRE-SORE
A full blown cold sore is not one big blister but a grouping of small blisters called vesicles--tiny, hard pimples or red bumps that are painfully sensitive to the touch.


I got one big red one first then some days later I recognized those vesicles near the corner...it was outbreak number 2! but notice how these cold sores NEVER touched my lips.

#5 OPEN SORE
The most painful and contagious time is when all the vesicles break open and merge to create one big open, weeping sore. The weeping fluid is teaming with newly born cold sore viruses. Touching this fluid, you could easily spread the cold sore virus to another part of your own body or to someone else.

#6 CRUSTING
It will develop a yellowish crust or scab as it begins to finally start the healing process.

eww! can you see in this photo that I had started yet another outbreak just under the nose and a dot in the nose corner? I finally went to Walgreens and got some topical medicine which was a relief! I am taking daily doses of L-Lysine for strengthening cologen in the skin.

#7 HEALING
Once scabbed over, it begins healing from the inside out as new skin forms under the crust.

after a sweaty bike ride I gently wiped my face and the scab fell off...wonderful! Number 3 up by the nose just turned into a golden orb with nothing inside and number 4 was scared to start growing so it quickly died.

#8 POST SCAB
Cold sores at this stage no longer have a visible cold sore scab and your skin has totally healed. Under your new skin, healing is still taking place as the destroyed cells are regenerated. This produces a red spot that may linger. You are STILL contagious until this red spot disappears.


i know it is a bit gross to read all of that...but interesting enough i hope.
it turns out the cold sores have a connections to fear, stress, and anxiety.
i have dealt with these connections strictly and don't see cold sores being a problem in my life much more.

i am thankful to God that he takes the ugly cold sores on my face, but also the grossness sleeping deep in my heart waiting to express its ugliness. Through His process and time...I am fully restored and healed. That which was destroyed is renewed and it's better.

do you get it?
hope so.






6 comments:

andrea said...

hm. good post. Here I am reading it all in this "medical way" and then it dawns on me....

great ideas in there. I get it.

helina said...

I like the way your mess has turned into a message :)
I just finished listening to the Bethel Sermon of the Week and there Kris Vallotton talks about that. Hehe, nice to see it in practice :)

cynthia said...

:)

Celina Gomez said...

i'm Celina Gomez from Canada, i have been cured from genital herpes with herbalist Aziza herbal medicine.
i have been infected with Genital herpes for 1 year now , i have done so many medical treatment from different hospital still
not cured.
On a very good day , i decide  to make a research on my computer on how to get rid of my Genital herpes,i found a post of Sarah Wilson on how she was  cured from herpes with HERBALIST Aziza herbal remedy.
The Herbalist email was there as well drazizaspellhome@gmail.com +2348160802189. i contacted him for my Genital herpes infection.
he needed few of my information and also send me his medicine through FedEx courier service.
i received it after 3 working  days of shipment,i drink the  herbal medicine the same way Dr Aziza instructed.
but now my Genital herpes is gone totally without any side effect or harm, may God Almighty continuing to bless him abundantly .
you can contact him on mail/ whats-app dr.azizaspellhome@gmail.com +2348160802189 or follow him on Instagram @herbalist_Aziza 
you can as well contact me for more information celinagomez784@gmail.com
safe yourself with natural remedy

jame mary said...

Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it, I have read about DR EDAGHONGHON the great herbalist doctor who cure me from herpes with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days! I used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! it's really like a dream but i am so happy! for the people suffering from the following diseases, Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease,, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,,Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit. I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which I took for 3 good weeks and today am out here with a negative result. When I went for the test I was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through his email: dr.edaghonghonherbalhome@gmail.com or call whatsapp number:+2349056731866 he will help you out.

Raymond collins said...

This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure herpes, i never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, it got to a time that i was waiting for is death to come because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man called DR.Ehimare who is well know for Herpes, HIV, and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and sent it through Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me Herpes simplex virus negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, and he also cure other diseases. thank you for saving my life, I promise I will always testify of your good works. if you are herpes simplex virus patient, contact him and I am sure you will get cured, contact him now: drehimare3@gmail.com or whatsapp him + 1 (267) 671-1087 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony