3.31.2009

a week feels like a month!

I would say that over the last WEEK not only has my life changed dramatically....Will moving here and the Wellspring team's ministry takes off...but time has slowed WAY DOWN! Will was picked up from the bus stop last week Sunday! I just can not believe it has been so short. I guess he came just in time to get a busy week and weekend, just short of exhaustion. It has been good. The team has been bonding and getting to know each other. It is fun to be sort of teacher-like and provide a place where we can create, evaluate, and have faith. God is showing me great things in how to be a leader too. We were involved with everyone's activity last week. The base is sort of scarce these days and so if we want ANYTHING to happen it is going to be US who does it. We had three times of worship leading at a YOUTH WEEKEND at the YWAM base in Skien, a love feast (with all prep), leading worship at two churches in which the response to us being there was---one: the first church said they had never had anything like Wellspring here before and--two: the second church didn't really respond except for three people from the first church coming to the second and responding again. hmm.

WELLSPRING at Bethel Church in Gjerpen, Norway


I would not say that I was disappointed because that is not my job to do the responding for people when we worship God. I would say that I wonder if Wellspring can do a bit of a better job communicating what worship is. I think we can make it easier for people who have NEVER known what it means to worship---to understand and participate in it. I guess I am glad we had this opportunity right away in our travels. I don't think this is going to be the only time I have this burden on my heart.

As far as personally...this week has been super encouraging. To have Will here is like breathing better. Why breath worse when you can breath better? I can imagine that this time will be a breakthrough in many areas for us as a couple and individuals. Something will happen when we put ourselves together in various places around Norway and Europe. God is about to use us dynamically...but first we have to give each other a taste of what Jesus is like in our lives. I am prepared to let him affect me...and I think he is under the realization that 'I AM TROUBLE' for him too. Those are nice words especially if the Holy Spirit is that TROUBLE that will bring FREEDOM! Than BRING IT ON GOD! Will said he thought his mother would love me when we all met someday...(I think she does already) but she'll say 'OH ERIKA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SON? THANK YOU!!' I hope so. There are just some things that a beautiful girl can do to a boy that his mother can not....she just waits in intercessory anticipation. I pray that God can use me to bring Will into a new freedom and strength as a leader and as a man of God. He is a delight to me....and I am honored to spend this time with him. So.....there you have it!


Will tries Norwegian brown cheese....in which I DO NOT LIKE!


WELLSPRING IS ALWAYS UP FOR A LAUGH!
Maria begins her very successful percussion career.

3 comments:

EriCa said...

good stuff, thanks for the laugh. glad you guys are having fun!

helina said...

Nice background! I give you 5 points :) out of 5 :)

Renee said...

Ok... so randomly I happened upon your blog.. and found this video. I've watched it 3 times now and laughed hysterically all three times- so thank you because I needed it.

Nice to read you blog also. Hope you are well.. looks like you are great!

Renee