2.18.2009

Fiddlin' Around kind of

I have returned to Skien! The weekend was a nice trip away. I really can't believe that I quick went to England and found my sister there for a few days. I have been curious now as I am back why I did not miss more of what was happening here. There was no time to miss much. The trip was quick...but I had some great times. We ate at a great family's home on Sunday after church. Later that day we went down to The Beacon and I prepared for joining an Irish Band called Murphy's Law for a few songs. Here is a sample where the fiddle guy wanted to play fiddle not mandolin so we switched. I am on the mandolin and had never played it before. No one cared because first of all they could not hear us and secondly they had been drinking since noon. I guess the music was my style but nothing else. Needless to say we left after the bagpipes and the short drum lesson I got. Good times!!



This week Maria is gone and so Helga and I are thinking about what we are doing in our team. We are of course getting excited about the future and weeks ahead. I believe it is going to be fun to step out there and do some bigger things in churches and youth groups. I feel it is very humiliating to just go and do it on our own power so....we are praying GOD HELP US!

It's only a little over a month until Will comes to Norway! There are great things in store!

No comments: