7.08.2008

Jolly July in Iowa

GRADUATION FROM SCHOOL OF WORSHIP
Here we are in jolly July 2000 Gr-8! It really is a jolly time. I have to admit I have never been exposed to so many great people all at once. I came home from Denver about 2 weeks ago. I graduated! Yeah the school of worship is finished. It was a hard time....learning to love and learning to listen to God in a unique environment. I will miss some of those cats so much! My roommates all in blue! Kristin is on tour with YWAM Orlando, Katie has been preparing to head to Nigeria after selling her car & Sophie is visiting friends and staying with family here in the states before going back to PNG.

Mom and dad came down to pick me up and so we also got to ride back to Iowa together after saying goodbye to Denver. I must say it was obvious to me that the impact these 3 months had on me would not be apparent until unpacking my heart and mind on the drive home. I think I talked for more than 500 miles in one sitting. Thanks for listening mom and dad!

HOMECOMING IS SWEETThe strangest realities began when I arrived home and Andrea and Steve with the kids were hanging around now and then. Steve was playing a part in a local movie so the whole family was together. One night as Andrea had stayed at Round Lake with the kids it was just Steve, Christa, mom, dad & me in the house......wierd. It was the 3 kids and parents again.....only after we were all adults. It has been a blessing to also go to Wisconsin for three days to see my moms family and the cousins. I will just say that it is all very busy to travel and visit especially when that is ALL I usually do. I hope I find some rest soon.

Laurie & Tony's Wedding
Sister-Sister Coffee Time

Laughing with my friend Dianne
4th of July was spent in Omaha with Steve and Andrea and family. We have never done a barbecue type party with our family before. It's like we just started living! Lindsey De Jong from Dordt was flying into Omaha and we picked her up! I could not believe we were able to spend time here in Iowa together. What are the chances that Lindsey PLUS Rachel Pontier PLUS Diana Hoogerhyde (all my roommates from college) would be here at the same time. We have talked through every possible topic from comedians to dreams to Bachelorette (and how we are them) and how we will ever meet a group of friends like us again. Oh yeah we have discussed why they dont make a movie about us too.....I think they told me that Kate Hudson would play me. I am not sure what I think of that.
I am really looking forward to keeping this blog as a more recent update of what is going on as I look to head back to the mission field. I am really trying to figure out what kind of blog it is. It is not supposed to be a blog without an identity....and I want to be honest as I write in it. So......prepare to let me get a bit focused.

I leave for Norway again in the next 2 weeks. I will travel with the First Reformed Church youth group out to Denver as they prepare to go to Rocky Mountain High Conference. I will join them on the work trip first and then meet up with my good friend Will from YWAM Denver. He is in the process of putting down a payment on a condo....and moving into it. I will help him paint and perhaps he will help me learn to drive a manual transmission. I hope I hope I hope!!!
So....be blessed my friends as you have finally gotten caught up with this little missionary girl!

God is so good!

No comments: