7.29.2008

dumbfounded for sure

I have arrived here in Norway around 5pm. I have been traveling 25 hours! I began at 9am yesterday. To get to Skien, Norway was not easy. I took a car. I took a plane. I took another plane. I took a train. I took a bus. I walked. I was surprised to discover a dumbfounded feeling that came over me. I recognized the places, the language, and the procedures....but where was the excitement?? there was something bizarre (this is a good speed scrabble word!) happening. I just dont understand why I do not feel this unspoken excitement like the last two years. I am actually numb. I was so numb that I felt like I was driving into Sioux City, IA--boring! I hope I discover why I came here....and if that includes painting, teaching lessons, and being available I pray my heart is okay with that. I dont know what to expect! I just hate the feeling of nothingness. Yeah, so that was a weird feeling.
I took a bunch of photos of the whole journey you can look at them all here. I met a mother and two daughters before boarding Newark to Oslo. They were sweet. I was able to encourage them...and laugh too! The two girls were beautiful and their mother Robin was ALIVE! They live in Haugesund, Norway on the west coast. I hope I can go visit Anne Marit Pederson again and then I can see them as well. So...its been a long day and I am excited to spend the week relaxing....really relaxing! The whole YWAM Skien staff will arrive on Monday! Yoinks here we go! Blessings and love to you. If you would like to email me and be a finacial or prayer partner let me know erika@uioskien.no

2 comments:

Kunnari said...

oh wow. such a beautiful place. it looks so lovely. i was curious what was underneath all that snow.

chin up good friend. god uses you where ever you go.

Share my world said...

First of all.. I have to say that you got lot's of humor, as I read all the stuff down here..

Second thing that went through me was: 'what is it exactly that you're looking for??'.. hmm..

Well God bless your time in Norway!

Ben