4.01.2008

Arise!

The theme of my 3 month worship school is Arise. I get all shaky all over when I hear it. I am imagining that God had this in His great plan for Erika. I think He means to announce His glory, that He will get it back. He has prepared me for such a time and now that it is here, I am almost overwhelmed that I can not jump in. The feeling I have as I stand before a great cliff overlooking the crashing waves and moving tides, sweeps over me. Then I realize that this is not just preparation for Erika, but for His work in the world. He intends to rise up a nation of worshipers. I hope He uses me. And I look forward to digging into the Word as well as learning more about team work. Our first song is due on Monday. I should write one about the word Arise. I have written the beginnings of one already and look forward to finishing it this weekend. Who knows...this time with other worshipers might be just what I need to discover God's bigger heart. I miss Norway. I miss Iowa. I am okay though. I just tell you honestly how I am. I am transitioning to this place, this space, and this peace. I pray now for a piano. It seems I am always doing this. I need a piano that I can play freely and when I want to. The only way to write music is when I am able to freely worship God. There are so many people here, and not as free space as Norway. We will see how God answers this prayer. I think it will be miraculous! Otherwise.....Tracy Ouwinga is coming to visit me this weekend. Oh I look so forward to this. She is so dear and such an encouragement to me. I believe we will laugh, maybe cry, and share back rubs! Halleluiah!

Arise and shine friends

1 comment:

rachelise said...

Hi, Erika! I'm so glad that God is preparing you to be used in his marvelous plan. He will give you what you need, I know that. I miss you, and you are always in my prayers and thoughts. Keep living life to the fullest! I hope you have sunshine in Colorado; spring has FINALLY sprung here in Grove City :) Much love, Rach.