3.26.2008

My last day in Skien

So, as I am about to go to bed I am sleeping for the last time in this prison cell here in Skien, Norway. I dont really want to leave. I actually thought I would after the tough beginning of the year. I was looking forward to a change and now that it is here...I am sort of scared actually. If asked I tell people that I am not really looking forward to going to the states again. They are curious why I would say that....my answer is simple. I am not special there. No, this is not a cry for encouragement. I am one of two Americans here and those numbers are slim but in a way incredibly special. I am now going to be just another American. Another student at the School of Worship at YWAM Denver. I guess there are some things I really look forward to. I look forward to seeing my best friend Tracy next weekend! That is an unexpected fast forward of life, I should not see her for another 3 months. I am looking forward to receeding a bit in the lime light. I have enjoyed being here in YWAM Skien, but there is always a good chance that when you do something you are pioneering it and you are just out there exposed. I think the school in Denver is much bigger than this one. So perhaps more rules and restrictions, but I hope this creates an environment to learn much and to sink down into God. I expect to learn alot...and to be a bit shocked by Americans again. Ok, so I take it back...I am special. There probably is not so many folk at the school that belong to a family and have a place to go home to in the end. There will be many that are looking for a place to serve. My prayer is that they are bold to join me in Norway. Perhaps the special factor will decrease with more Americans...but I guess it is worth it. So, I have all my stuff packed away and I just need to throw my bags together and take the train tomorrow at 5.

Amen and halleluiah!

Thanks for reading this.
Love God.

2 comments:

helina said...

Jeg kommer til å savne deg mye...

lyndee james said...

from one special american to another... jeg skal savner deg også. vi er veldig gla i deg erika!