2.05.2008

And SOLD!

*Welcome, Holy Spirit*
I just sold this painting!

Seriously, I had NO intention of selling this art here at the base in Skien. I made this piece to hang as a conversation piece in the Thursday night cafe. But when the DTS teacher for week 3 from Swizterland came and saw it he said, 'Who painted that? I have got to buy it!' I was standing with him and blushed. I had painted it...and could not admit it. I didnt want to sell it. I made the poor guy work to buy it. He called all the cafe staff for permission and he gave a price. I must say I was not paying myself enough. He is an artist...a painter, and so he knows when he sees something good I guess. I thought of asking for 150 dollars....that sounds great! He offered me 200 Euro before I said anything. If you do that math you will find that his first offer was 300 dollars. I took it. Since then I have been assigned to do another coffee shop painting as well as given an opportunity to paint a prophetic dream for a couple here. I love how everyone at the base is involved with the process. There is a great field of hunger here. So I must feed it! Nam Nam!!

No comments: