12.16.2007

Saturday Slackerday

It was a lazy day, totally. The students were packing up to leave for Christmas and the staff was on the mental turn around from a crazy first half of the year. The day was spent enjoying good company. First Brad, Marius, Kasper, and I played Speed Scrabble. This game is quickly becoming my favorite game. I can get a bit vicious and can be jerkish when it comes to those non English speakers...I just need to have more tact. I patched up relationships after the game...after the damage was done. :) Did I mention I sat on a couch from 10 to 12 eating mandarin oranges and a bit of marzipan cake first? We ate porridge at 3...then commenced to cell number 6--my room! This is the first time I have had guests over to my jail cell. What a treat! We watched Royal Tenenbaum. Here you see we have presented some common movie expressions!
This is the: 'I'm watching a movie for the first time in 5 months. Is it okay? Should I be doing something else?'
This is the: 'Caught me by surprise' laugh. Does anyone think Brad's smile is real?
This is the: 'inappropriate scene face.....or movie's over, I don't want to move!' You choose.
THEN WE GOT ATTACKED BY HUGE COLORFUL BALLOONS! IF CAN SEE RAGNHILD IS CONCERNED BUT BRAD COULD CARE LESS. HE ACTUALLY HOPES WE GET CONQUERED.
After movie we all ate pizza together. There was about 12 at the base and there were 14 pizzas. I should say....NEVER eat that much pizza! We were stuffed and the pizza kept coming and coming. There were 5 pieces left so we played a game. One person thinks of a number and another thinks of a name. The person's name....gets counted that chosen number around the circle. Who it lands on....eats another piece! Torbjørn saved the day by eating 3 of the last 5. Oi oi oi!
We then played some balloon games and had a piggyback contest. These were obviously boredom responses! Who could pull more pepperkake from the roof (that was hanging down). Marius and I were second place. Not strong enough teeth!
We gathered around the fireplace in the basement for a reading. We got coffee, tea, and warm blankets to cozy up and listen to some short stories that Brad read aloud. Two by Oscar Wilde...'The Happy Prince' and 'The Selfish Giant'. We demolished a pepperkake huset and enjoyed the cultural atmosphere. We discussed a bit, but more went.....'hmmm...that is interesting.' I read the story 'A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings'.
All in all the Saturday was actually packed full of great events. If we had planned them all before that would be stressy, but we allowed the time to have its course. What a great way to celebrate and send off for the Christmas vacation. Thanks for the good times friends!!


No comments: