9.13.2007

the weight of a steamliner

i am pulling a steamliner
i would like to be rowing a boat.

there's dead weight here
someone's not pulling thier portion
i'm not talking about the church
i would rather laugh and be funny
but will God see me there too?
i won't open-i have no courage to
can't He see me when I am alive like this?

Deep calls, 'Too Deep!'

why would that matter?
there's a dead weight, that's the point here
the place has seen too much
done too little
can't i row the boat instead
come to the gate--come in

and be


2 comments:

E.P. said...

Hi! Was looking at blogs today and found your writing interesting. You really get things said. I don't think i manage to grasp all that you put in those sentences, but i liked it and think i "saw" something. Could you send me e-mail with the text to the Rebuild-song, please?...forgot it :)
espen_s_pedersen@hotmail.com

adam said...

hey, how can i help you row? what is your email address? i feel like we should exchange stories of life abroad. I hope you are loving all of the little blessings of being alive.