7.16.2007

8 days and counting!

So, I have just returned home from a trip to New Orleans, Louisiana with my church youth group. It was an amazing trip.....but it was the event that signified the check-point of my departure. I never thought that New Orleans would come and now GO this summer. We had a fun week down there....hot as hot....but worked our tails off. I brought home some souveniers--a deck of cards and a cold sore in the dip of my upper lip. OUCH! Thanks LA!

Now that I am home I have a lot to think of. I am working on a painting for my pastor at my church. He has asked for me to paint him a meditation on Col 3. I will work on that as well as packing and saying goodbyes.

I think it is the most fun week...and the one that will bring the tears in showers. My dad sat with me on my bed last night and said

"You know honeybear (that's what he calls me) all the tears that come this week are not tears of 'Stay Home' or 'Change your mind' I would NEVER stand in the way of your plans...or God's plans for you. Just know that the thousands of tears shed this week are because our hearts break as we see you leave. It has been an amazing year...we all know that."

So....those tears, I anticipate them and yet I wish they would all come at once....not in spurts. The emotional energy can never be regained from goodbyes. I know it won't take my dad much to weep....and then I get a tickle in my nose....indicating that I am about to burst.

No regrets list:
-cut hair
-mail postcards
-dye hair auburn
-paint for Jim Daniels
-finish recording in Cherokee
-pack enough for a year
-worhsip God everyday

I think I can handle this week.....can you?

2 comments:

Janelle said...

ohhh erika. Goodbyes are hard... but sa your dad said... it's not ones of 'please stay'... it's one of we're behind you and in this with you.
I hope your week is a good one. We're looking forward to seeing you :)

Ragnhild said...

hi erika.
i've never met you, but i'm already excited to see you in skien :) hope you have a good last week. ragnhild