4.14.2008

Rapport fra Denver #3

I am going into my third week here at YWAM Denver. I guess you can say that I am still in the honeymoon stages. The stage where you are sure you have enough energy to do anything you want...and still love everyone who you are doing it with. I don't want to be a pessimist, but I think from what the other staff in my school have shared with us.....there are some tears to be shed and some pride to be stomped on. Ouch. Its weird how they prepare us for those things.....when I yet wonder and wish that there was a supernatural preparation of the heart of worship. When we are loving God and learning to trust each other I do not see how it is possible for us to be at each others throats. I guess I am not perfect. Anyone have any comments. I guess I need a perspective change when it comes to the relational side of things. Am I so naive?

I am beginning my song for next monday. Like I told you last update, it is a love song that can be sung in corporate worship. I struggled with the melody today and still I have no clear ideas...but I have come upon a wonderful revelation. I believe it was an answer to prayer....or at least a portion of a good brainstorming. I was able to dive into my own heart and discovered what the best love song would be for me to receive. I think it would be something with passion...that is if anyone who was anyone knew what I liked. I like slow stuff too, but if you can swing dance to it...waltz, or tango.....make it happen. So I thought........how about a tango! Can you imagine a tango being played in churches around the world? Wow! I have been listening to a great group called The Gotan Project (thanks to Helina) lately and they have been my inspiration. I decided I want to go creative on this song (really blow them out of the School of Worship water). There is no need to just stay in the worship box anymore. Now that we have broken free from the hymnal mold and now moving into a culture of hard rock and even heavy metal worship I am certain that the tango and the waltz and the swing are in the coming to a worship time near you. So.....I will do it now. I am taking the chords to one of the songs and trying out what it would be like in corporate worship. I wonder.....as it is pretty sassy....as a dance style.....it would really bring up some questions, as well as communicate an emotion. Dancing with Jesus.....the tango. I have always wanted to do that corporately! Well.....I guess now I do.

Just as a note. Once, I was dancing with a good friend of mine in Norway and he was letting me do the waltz and as he was quite good at it....I asked if I could close my eyes. He then proceeded to just whisk me around the dance floor. It was a truly magical experience. I trusted him actually (that is hard to say for the rest of the world) it was safe and joyful, and he never stepped on my feet. Thanks for the dance.

I want to learn the accordian.
I start babysitting on Monday.
I go on an evening outreach into the city of Denver Monday night.
I have my first guitar lessons on Wednesday.

Good week.
Good night.

2 comments:

helina said...

Haha, I'm glad that Gotan Project is affecting you in a positive way :)
"Diferente"

Listening to them has added some new stuff to my beat library also.
And in less than 2 weeks I'll be all into Norwegian folk music.

Looking forward to listen to that new song :)

Paul Andreas said...

Looking forward to hearing it as well.

How is the guitar playing going?

Have a great Sunday, friend.